The Agricultural Department represents the Netherlands Ministry of Economic Affairs in Korea and Taiwan, in the fields of agriculture, nature and food quality.
The task of the agricultural department is, amongst others:
- Providing information on policies, programs and activities of the Netherlands Ministry concerning agriculture (including horticulture and food), biodiversity and food quality.
- Assisting the local agri-business sector and other organizations in providing adequate, current and accurate information on Dutch agricultural practices, processes, trade contacts, legislation and products or research information.
- Assisting Dutch suppliers or organizations in developing new contacts or organizational networks by providing relevant business information.
- Liaising with Korean Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (MAFRA) and Taiwan Council of Agriculture as well as other government and semi-government institutions and the private sector, particularly on agricultural matters affecting trade, investments and cooperation.
- Monitoring the developments in the agricultural policies, agricultural sector and food health in Korea and Taiwan.
Information on Dutch agriculture, nature and food quality:
www.rijksoverheid.nl/ministeries/ez The Netherlands Ministry of Economic Affairs provides detailed information about specific aspects of Dutch agriculture policy - such as agriculture, biotechnology, environment, fisheries, food, horticulture, livestock, nature, rural areas, trade and industry
www.nvwa.nl Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority
www.dutchfish.nl Dutch seafood exporters
www.wageningenur.nl Wageningen UR
www.keukenhof.nl The Keukenhof website
Korean government organizations:
Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs www.mafra.go.kr
Ministry of Health and Welfare www.mw.go.kr
Korea Customs Service www.customs.go.kr
Korea National Statistical Office www.kostat.go.kr
Rural Development Administration www.rda.go.kr
Ministry of Food and Drug Administration www.mfds.go.kr
Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency www.qia.go.kr
Agriculture-related organizations in Korea:
Korea Rural Economic Institute www.krei.re.kr
National Academyof Agricultural Science www.naas.go.kr
Korea Rural Corporation www.ekr.or.kr
National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science http://www.nihhs.go.kr/
Trade with Korea:
Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency http://english.kotra.or.kr
Korea International Trade Association http://global.kita.net/
Korea Imports Association www.koima.or.kr
Korea Fishery Trade Association www.kfta.net
Korea Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade Corporation www.at.or.kr
The Agriculture office in Seoul: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Mr. Anthony Snellen - Agricultural Counsellor
Mr. Ho-jin Kang, Senior Agricultural Officer
Ms. Adriana Jung, Office manager
Tel: + 82 2 311 8670
Fax: + 82-2-311-8671
The Agriculture office in Taipei: Netherlands Trade & Investment Office (NTIO)
Ms. Wendy Liang, Agricultural Officer
133, Min Sheng E. Road, Sec., 3, Taipei-105, Taiwan
Tel: + 886 2 311 8670
Fax: + 82-2-311-8671